- v admit (to a wrongdoing)
- v be willing to concede
- v give over; surrender or relinquish to the physical control of another
- v acknowledge defeat
The candidate conceded after enough votes had come in to show that he would lose
- The Clinton campaign spent this morning frantically trying to keep news organizations from following an Associated Press report that Hillary Rodham Clinton will concede tonight .
- WASHINGTON ? Four years ago, I conceded the presidential election as soon as the winner was determined.
- While Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton reminisced about her campaign and talked of a need to unite the party on Tuesday night, she did not concede.
News & Articles
- Spain vs. Netherlands: Score and Recap for Euro U-21 Championship Match
Spain continued its domination of the U-21 Championships on Wednesday, defeating the Netherlands 3-0 behind goals from Alvaro Morata, Isco and Álvaro Vázquez. With the win, Spain finished atop Group B with nine points and has yet to concede a goal for the tournament, while the Dutch finish second in the group with six points. That match was largely dominated by Spain, which held 57 percent of ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Soccer-Italy concede two late goals, held by Haiti
RIO DE JANEIRO, June 11 (Reuters) - Italy were embarrassed by Haiti as they conceded two late goals and were held to a 2-2 draw in a friendly on Tuesday. Emanuele Giaccherini gave Italy's second-string team a flying start by scoring after only 19 seconds and, after Haiti had wasted several good chances to equalise, substitute Claudio Marchisio added a second in the 72nd minute. Olrish Saurel ...
June 11, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- DuBos: Sheriff, mayor need to negotiate over consent decree
A federal judge is asking Mayor Mitch Landrieu and Sheriff Marlin Gusman to try to resolve their differences about paying for the city’s troubled jail. And that’s the topic of this week’s Commentary by Eyewitness News Political Analyst and Gambit columnist Clancy DuBos. Clancy DuBos / Eyewitness News Political Analyst By now even Sheriff Marlin Gusman should concede that Orleans Parish Prison is ...
June 11, 2013 - WWL-TV, Channel 4 New Orleans
- Gordon Brown in AFP
British prime minister Brown said: "This tragedy reinforces our commitment to confront terrorism. It strengthens our determination never to concede to the demands of terrorists, nor to pay ransoms."
- Carlos Bocanegra in The Associated Press
The funny thing is, we talk about, you know, don't concede early,Bocanegra said. "And man, it's been our trademark lately, conceding early."
- President Bush in FOXNews
I readily concede it won't produce a barrel of oil tomorrow, but it will reverse the psychology,Bush told a White House news conference - his first since late April.