- n the state of the sky when it is covered by clouds
- n gloomy semidarkness caused by cloud cover
- n the quality of being cloudy
News & Articles
- National Hurricane Center monitoring system over portions of Central America
A large area of cloudiness and thunderstorms over portions of Central America and the northwest Caribbean Sea are associated with a tropical wave.
June 17, 2013 - The News-Press
- Tropical system has medium chance of strengthening; likely to head into Yucatan, Mexico
The National Hurricane Center says there is a "medium" chance that a large area of cloudiness and thunderstorms will develop into a tropical storm or hurricane over the next couple of days.
June 17, 2013 - The Mississippi Press
- Storm to clip parts of southern Maine
A storm, that is bringing heavy rain to southern New England, will clip parts of Maine Thursday night into Friday. Track the rain using Interactive Radar. Expect increasing cloudiness on Thursday with highs of 62-72 degrees. Thursday night, it will be mainly cloudy with some rain possible in York County. On Friday, there will be morning rain in York County; otherwise it will be mostly cloudy ...
June 14, 2013 - WMTW Portland
- Anthony Mundine in Stuff.co.nz
My vision is not great - maybe 40-50 percent - which is pretty much legally blind at the moment,Mundine said. "It's not sore, but there's still a bit of cloudiness in the eye."
- George Karl in Denver Post
I just admire the kid,Karl said. "I know the cloudiness that comes into your life when you're diagnosed with cancer and you have to go through surgery. The kid has never given in to the dark side of what's going to happen or the negative...
- William Herschel in Times Online
In a dark sky this cluster is visible to the naked eye as what William Herschel described as "a very small cloudiness", but otherwise the best way to find it is to use binoculars, and scan along the bright stars that make up Castor's body.