- n the state of the sky when it is covered by clouds
- n gloomy semidarkness caused by cloud cover
- n a long whipstitch or overhand stitch overlying an edge to prevent raveling
- n a cast that falls beyond the intended spot
- v make overcast or cloudy
Fall weather often overcasts our beaches
- v sew over the edge of with long slanting wide stitches
- v sew with an overcast stitch from one section to the next
- s filled or abounding with clouds
- For 60 seconds, the Globemaster bored upwards through the overcast, above the tiny farms and woodlots that fringe the western outskirts of Tokyo.
- A half-hour laterit was late afternoon nowa solid overcast blew in from the ocean and completely covered the mountains.
- On a muggy, overcast Saturday in late July, while 50 Cent's "I Get Money" blares from a set of speakers, the former head of the Chicago Public Schools pounds the blacktop .
News & Articles
- Lemonade for Life
On cold, dreary, overcast days, do you dream about trading the chilly weather for a gorgeous day under azure blue skies and perfect temperatures? That wishful thinking is a positive way to look at the world.
June 13, 2013 - The Gilmer Mirror
- Clear, calm morning nets wealth of bass
Overcast, breezy mornings usually produce the best fishing on Lake Travis in the early summer. The clear, calm morning of June 3 proved to be the exception to the rule.
June 12, 2013 - Austin American-Statesman
- SNEAK PEEK: Will Enough Rain Fall for City with Water Pumps out of Order?
HAGERMAN - Darkened, overcast skies couldn't come soon enough for Hagerman.
June 12, 2013 - The Times-News