- n an event that involves rising to a higher point (as in altitude or temperature or intensity etc.)
- v go upward with gradual or continuous progress
- v move with difficulty, by grasping
- v go up or advance
Sales were climbing after prices were lowered
- v slope upward
- v improve one's social status
- v increase in value or to a higher point
- Terry Francona in ESPN
Hopefully, there'll be time when we can sit back and think 'This is what got us over the hump,'Red Sox manager Terry Francona said. "But we're still climbing."
- Stan Van Gundy in New York Times
I still look at it like we're climbing a huge mountain here,Orlando Coach Stan Van Gundy said. "But we're playing better."
- Ann Curry in USA Today
This is like climbing a Stairmaster for six hours a day with 20 pounds on your back,Curry said in a telephone interview from her tent following Saturday's climb.