- n a demonstration of approval by clapping the hands together
- v put quickly or forcibly
- v cause to strike the air in flight
- v clap one's hands or shout after performances to indicate approval
- v clap one's hands together
The children were clapping to the music
- v strike the air in flight
- v strike with the flat of the hand; usually in a friendly way, as in encouragement or greeting
- v strike together so as to produce a sharp percussive noise
News & Articles
- Sony twists the bad publicity knife deeper into Microsoft
Sony's PlayStation 4. (Credit: Sony) LOS ANGELES -- Thunderous applause greeted Sony Computer Entertainment of America CEO Jack Tretton when he announced that there would be no restrictions on used games for the PlayStation 4. Tretton smiled and paused, garnering him a second wave of enthusiastic clapping and hollering. In a battle between two titans of the console gaming industry on the ...
June 11, 2013 - CNET
- Mickey Rourke in USA Today
Asked if he'd be thanking his Chihuahuas if he wins, Rourke said: "I don't think that far ahead. I'll probably be sitting out there clapping for Sean Penn."
- Barack Obama in The Union Leader
They are full of dancing, clapping, screaming and shouting that may seem jarring to the untrained ear,Obama said. "The church contains in full the kindness and cruelty, the fierce intelligence and the shocking ignorance, the struggles and...
- Milan Michalek in MiamiHerald.com
It's great, it's my first one [hat trick]. To get it here in Ottawa, I'm very happy about that,Michalek said. "To see all the people standing and clapping for me was an awesome feeling."