- n grass whose starchy grains are used as food: wheat; rice; rye; oats; maize; buckwheat; millet
- n foodstuff prepared from the starchy grains of cereal grasses
- n a breakfast food prepared from grain
- a made of grain or relating to grain or the plants that produce it
a cereal beverage
- It has been sweetened, enriched, fortified and colored, but one aspect of dry cereal has not changed: it gets stale soon after you open the package.
- The FTC drops its effort to crunch the Big Three cereal makersAs an encore to the spectacular wind-ups to the A T T and IBM antitrust suits, the Government last week.
- In January, General Mills climbed on board, introducing Harmony cereal with soy protein, folic acid and a vanilla-almond-oat flavor that rated high in female focus groups.
- Graeme McDowell in Los Angeles Times
The rising Northern Irishman Graeme McDowell said, "I sat at home this morning with my breakfast cereal and my cup of coffee in my hand going, 'God, do I really have to go out there this afternoon?' "
- Jerry Seinfeld in San Jose Mercury News
I don't really drink-I'll have a glass of wine once in a while,said Seinfeld. "But if I'm really bumming about something and want to just go to hell: 1 am, a bowl of cereal,"
- Brian Wansink in Times of India
We found that the more controlling the parents were about telling their child to clean their plate, the more likely the kids, especially the boys, were to request larger portions of sweetened cereal at daycare,co-author Brian Wansink of...