- n an artifact made of hard brittle material produced from nonmetallic minerals by firing at high temperatures
- a of or relating to or made from a ceramic
a ceramic dish
- During an electronics experiment at Albuquerque's Sandia Laboratories, a scientist accidentally sent a pulse of electricity through a dime-sized ceramic chip.
- It's made of ceramic, stainless steel and a durable alloy called Liquidmetal, finished with hand-sewn leather and a screen of sapphire crystal, a material second only to diamond in .
- Situation maps were leaned against a white ceramic tile wall; the officers sat in campaign chairs, hunched in a tight semi-circle; bottles of cold water were passed around.
- Lindsay Lohan in National Ledger
She and her friends were preparing breakfast, with eggs and everything, and Lindsay was going up the stairs, carrying a ceramic teacup,Dina explains to Star. "She had just come out of the shower so she was still wet and had some lotion on,...
- John-Paul Langbroek in NEWS.com.au
Glass pipes are available for $20 (and) ceramic bongs, many of them adorned with pop culture icons, are also freely available and on display,Mr Langbroek said. "One store was even promoting a 'Schoolies Spesh' on the items."
- Janet Napolitano in San Diego Union Tribune
When I came into office, I kid you not, my predecessor governor left me a ceramic jar on the desk labeled rainy day fund. And in it was 30 cents ...... a quarter and a nickel,Napolitano said.