- s separate and distinct from others of the same kind
on a case-by-case basis
- These are the same lenders who made the case-by-case decisions that sum to the prospect of 2 million foreclosures.
- She had a reputation of approaching each decision on a case-by-case basis, rather than through a sweeping judicial philosophy (see "Establishing Her Independence", 1986).
- Farmers now get emergency aid for disasters like flood or drought on a case-by-case basis, but payments can take years.
News & Articles
- ESM bailout fund can invest in existing problem banks on a case-by-case basis
LUXEMBOURG (Reuters) - The euro zone bailout fund ESM will be able to inject capital into banks which had run into trouble before the bloc's scheme of direct recapitalisation comes on line on the case-by-case ...
June 20, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- Courts From Coast To Coast Address "Natural" In Food Labeling Class Actions
Food makers' use of "natural" on product labels and advertisements continues to provide class action lawyers with litigation fodder. Such a case-by-case approach to determining what is and is not natural, we have argued previously, poorly serves consumers and producers. Recent judicial developments, described below, have done nothing to sway our opinion that, regardless of how torturous it will ...
June 18, 2013 - Forbes
- David Pritchard in The Associated Press
Trade rules need to be totally revamped. Individual case-by-case filing doesn't work in such a dynamic industry,said Pritchard. "At the end of the day, what really needs to happen is to get this thing away from the WTO. Europe and the...
- John Roberts in San Francisco Chronicle
We have acted on a case-by-case basis in recent weeks, addressing problems at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, working with market participants to prepare for the failure of Lehman Brothers, and lending to AIG so it can sell some of its assets in an... Henry Paulson http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Paulson&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFunf9jqAG4PIOWvnV9rZ6KE6zAlQ International Herald Tribune http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/09/19/business/20lead1.php&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE-LveGy1MhveqXUjMdlQwVTX6rhw Sep 19, 2008
15472 21517 case-by-case Roberts, one of those four, said that the result was confusing and that lower courts and regulated entities will now have to feel their way on a case-by-case basis."