- a of or relating to cartilage
- s difficult to chew
- The cartilaginous articular surfaces of his knee the parts that rub together when the knee bends were pristine.
- They have a cartilaginous backbone.
- Spinal discs, cushionlike pads that separate the vertebrae, are composed of tough, cartilaginous fibers and filled with water and a protein called "ground substance.
News & Articles
- It's Time for Shark Week to Get Bigger — And Less Bloodthirsty
Shark Week started yesterday on the Discovery Channel, celebrating the cartilaginous fish that have been around for more than 420 million years now, compared to a measly 200,000 years for humans. And Shark Week itself has been around for 26 years now, providing viewers with over a quarter century of Shark Weeks!
Aug. 5, 2013 - Wired News