- v form by carving
- v engrave or cut by chipping away at a surface
- v cut to pieces
Father carved the ham
- a made for or formed by carving (`carven' is archaic or literary)
the carved fretwork
an intricately carved door
- But Cochran, 68, has carved several niches for himself, including becoming one of the few Senators well versed on farm policy.
- The despot ordered part of the river diverted temporarily so that hundreds of phallic images could be carved into the sandstone floors along a shady brook area.
- He has a mausoleum for himself already constructed on the South Side of Chicago into which the words "TRAIL BLAZER" are carved, along with a long list of his accomplishments.
News & Articles
- Gatsby's world comes to Bonhams
Demetre Chiparus (1886-1947), 'Alméria' a Rare and Iconic Cold-Painted Bronze and Carved Ivory Sculpture, circa 1925. 63cm high, signed to base 'Chiparus', the seperate display stand 97cm high. Estimate: £200,000-300,000. Photo: Bonhams.
June 14, 2013 - Art Daily
- Stone along Olympia trail deserves to have story told
A three-ton carved stone sits in anonymity alongside the Heritage Park trail that zig-zags down the hill from the Temple of Justice to Capitol Lake.
June 13, 2013 - The Olympian
- Some Mars Gullies May Be Carved by Dry Ice 'Sleds'
Some gullies scoring the sides of Martian sand dunes were likely carved by frozen chunks of carbon dioxide, also known as dry ice, a new study finds.
June 12, 2013 - SPACE.com via Yahoo! News
- Morris Iemma in Sydney Morning Herald
It's a fantastic engineering project,Mr Iemma said while guiding the Herald around the site this week. "It's been a wasteland and they started with the headland and carved it, killed it, turned it into an industrial site. The cranes will...
- John McCain in Guardian Unlimited
It is regrettable that a split Supreme Court has carved out a narrow exception by which some corporate and labor expenditures can be used to target a federal candidate in the days and weeks before an election,McCain said in a statement.