- n someone whose employment involves carrying something
the bonds were transmitted by carrier
- n a self-propelled wheeled vehicle designed specifically to carry something
refrigerated carriers have revolutionized the grocery business
- n a large warship that carries planes and has a long flat deck for takeoffs and landings
- n an inactive substance that is a vehicle for a radioactive tracer of the same substance and that assists in its recovery after some chemical reaction
- n a person or firm in the business of transporting people or goods or messages
- n a radio wave that can be modulated in order to transmit a signal
- n a man who delivers the mail
- n a boy who delivers newspapers
- n (medicine) a person (or animal) who has some pathogen to which he is immune but who can pass it on to others
- n a rack attached to a vehicle; for carrying luggage or skis or the like
- n (genetics) an organism that possesses a recessive gene whose effect is masked by a dominant allele; the associated trait is not apparent but can be passed on to offspring
- ATT already isn't winning rave reviews, but would any provider? Here are five things to hate about mobile carriers.
- Defense Secretary Robert McNamara last spring stood beside President Kennedy on the tenth-deck bridge of the nuclear-powered carrier Enterprise.
- The Navy commissioned its newest carrier this weekFighting Lady, all wood, 103 feet long.
News & Articles
- Carrier Discipline Triggers Surge in Far East-Mediterranean Spot Rates
An outbreak of discipline among ocean carriers was the trigger for a 61 percent surge in spot freight rates on the Far East-Mediterranean route, according to industry consultant Drewry.
June 17, 2013 - Journal of Commerce Online
- Marion splits with Carrier Mills
MARION — Marion opened Sunday’s American Legion baseball action at Ray Fosse Park by hanging on to beat Carrier Mills, 8-6, in a game that began three days ago and finished by losing the regularly scheduled game, 6-2.
June 17, 2013 - The Southern Illinoisan
- Japanese carrier's Boeing 787 has engine problem
Japanese carrier's Boeing 787 has engine problem TOKYO (AP) — A Japanese carrier's Dreamliner had engine trouble before takeoff Wednesday, a day after a rival airline had a problem on another 787 plane. The All Nippon Airways flight was scheduled to go from Ube to Tokyo's Haneda airport but the right-side engine would not start, airline spokesman Yoichi Uchida said.
June 15, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Patrick Smith in International Herald Tribune
A plane never takes off into an actual thunderstorm, no crew or carrier would allow that,said Patrick Smith, a US based-airline pilot and aviation writer. "But it is remotely possible that the plane could have inadvertently hit some...
- President Bush in Chicago Tribune
This exemption will enable the Navy to train effectively and to certify carrier and expeditionary strike groups for deployment in support of worldwide operational and combat activities, which are essential to national security,Bush said.
- Goodluck Jonathan in The Associated Press
We can no longer continue to live in a society where even if your wife is going to church, you have to look for an (armored personnel carrier) to follow her,Jonathan told a crowd of ruling party supporters last month. "If the children are...