- n (Roman Catholic Church) one of a group of more than 100 prominent bishops in the Sacred College who advise the Pope and elect new Popes
- n the number of elements in a mathematical set; denotes a quantity but not the order
- n a variable color averaging a vivid red
- n crested thick-billed North American finch having bright red plumage in the male
- s serving as an essential component
a cardinal rule
- a being or denoting a numerical quantity but not order
- And though Opus Dei claims just one such member Cardinal Juan Luis Cipriani Thorne of Lima, Peru its influence can be found among an array of other cardinals.
- Hailing from every corner of the globe, the cardinals are handpicked by the pope to advise and help him.
- Pope John XXIII appointed four new cardinals last week, thereby raising the membership of the Sacred College of Cardinals to 86.
News & Articles
- Cardinal Mooney under investigation by OHSAA
Statement from The Ohio High School Athletic Association on Cardinal Mooney investigation. Two eighth-graders from Struthers Middle School were hosted at a dinner by a coach from Youngstown Cardinal Mooney More >>
June 13, 2013 - WFMJ Youngstown
- Cardinal Bank Community Fund Awards Grant to American Red Cross
Cardinal Bank announced today that the Cardinal Bank Community Fund proudly supported the ongoing relief and continued recovery efforts of the American Red Cross wit
June 12, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Cardinal boys tack on two wins
The Cardinal baseball team upped its record to 9-4 with a pair of wins Monday and Tuesday. The Comets blasted Holy Trinity 10-1 Monday in Fort Madison and stretched their winning streak to two games Tuesday with a 4-2 victory over New London. In their nine-run win Monday, Cardinal received a home run and two RBI from Conner McElderry and a double and two RBI from Kyle Kent. Cody Streeby hit a ...
June 12, 2013 - The Fairfield Ledger