- n a motor vehicle with four wheels; usually propelled by an internal combustion engine
he needs a car to get to work
- n a wheeled vehicle adapted to the rails of railroad
three cars had jumped the rails
- n the compartment that is suspended from an airship and that carries personnel and the cargo and the power plant
- n where passengers ride up and down
the car was on the top floor
- n a conveyance for passengers or freight on a cable railway
they took a cable car to the top of the mountain
- Somewhere between an early car and the head-in-the-bed scene in The Godfather, the Horsey Horseless, the brainfart of inventor Uriah Smith of Battle Creek, Mich.
- A recent poll by Hagerty Insurance asked enthusiasts to name the worst car design of all time: This glassine bolus of dorkiness is the pathetic winner.
- Aiming for the sweet spot between the comfort of a private vehicle and the efficiency of public transportation, the City Car from MIT's Media Lab is a stackable electric car that .
News & Articles
- Car fire leaves one dead in Bloomington
A car caught fire Wednesday morning in Bloomington and its lone occupant was killed, authorities said. The blaze occurred shortly after 8 a.m. near Old Cedar Avenue and 86th Street, about a quarter-mile west of a fire station, according to police.
June 12, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Car prowler caught on TriMet cams
PORTLAND – A thief broke into a car inside of a Northeast Portland parking garage and stole a woman’s purse with her IDs, credit cards, cash and a camera last April and now police need the public’s help tracking down the prowler. On April 27 at around 7:15 p.m., the thief hit the car in the Liberty Centre parking garage at 650 Northeast Holladay Street, police said. The thief was then caught on ...
June 12, 2013 - KGW NewsChannel 8 Portland
- Car vs. semi accident on San Jose
A car vs. semi accident on San Jose Blvd. leaves at least one person in critical condition, according to Tom Francis with the Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department.
June 12, 2013 - First Coast News
- Keith Urban in Forbes
In actual fact, my pursuer came to my assistance, without taking photos, and helped me from the road,Urban said. "I returned home, got my car, and continued on my way."
- Fernando Alonso in The Canadian Press
Hamilton overtook the safety car, something that I had never seen, overtaking the medical car with yellow flags,Alonso said. "We were a meter off each other, and he finished second and I finished ninth. It's a shame, not for us because...
- Lloyd Blankfein in Atlanta Journal Constitution (blog)
I'm going to be blunt with you,Mr. Angelides said. "It sounds to me like selling a car with faulty brakes, and then selling an insurance policy on those cars."