gondola : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a low flat-bottomed freight car with fixed sides but no roof
- n long narrow flat-bottomed boat propelled by sculling; traditionally used on canals of Venice
- n the compartment that is suspended from an airship and that carries personnel and the cargo and the power plant
- Though the gondola was insulated, it soon grew deathly cold.
- Several different woods are used in building a gondola; the hardest pieces to find are the oak planks for the sides, which need to run the entire 11.
- Kittinger climbed awkwardly into the open gondola.
News & Articles
- Gondola One open for bike hauls this weekend
Kari Mohr | Vail Resorts Gondola One on Vail Mountain will be open for scenic rides and bike hauls this weekend from Friday through Sunday.
June 13, 2013 - Vail Daily
- Launch For Sunrise 2 Successful
Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research The balloon-borne solar observatory Sunrise has lifted off - and will now begin its unique journey to the active Sun . The balloon-borne solar observatory Sunrise has lifted off successfully from Esrange Space Center in the north of Sweden. Today at 7.37 a.m. CEST the launching vehicle released the gondola and the huge balloon lifted Sunrise into ...
June 12, 2013 - redOrbit
- Vail’s Gondola One open this weekend for scenic rides
VAIL — Vail Mountain, the largest ski resort in the United States, will open Gondola One in Vail Village for scenic rides this weekend during the GoPro Mountain Games. Guests are reminded that due to the events taking place, bike hauls will not be permitted for the weekend.
June 7, 2013 - Vail Daily
- Gary Lunn in FOXBusiness
An impressive feat of engineering, with a minimal environmental footprint, the spectacular PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola will confirm Whistler's international reputation as a tourist destination and one of the premier ski resorts in the world,said the...
- Gordon Campbell in MarketWatch
The PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola is an iconic new attraction that further cements Whistler's reputation as one of the world's top tourist destinations,said Premier Gordon Campbell. "It will help to build excitement and drive new economic...
- Ray Guy in San Jose Mercury News
The next day, that gondola was moved all the way to the top,Guy said.