- n persuasion of voters in a political campaign
- v get the opinions (of people) by asking specific questions
- v solicit votes from potential voters in an electoral campaign
- v consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning
- Just two hours after a near riot outside the counting room, the Miami-Dade canvassing board voted to shut down the count.
- But what really may have given the canvassing board pause was a sight that strikes fear in any Florida politician, especially elected Dade County judges .
- Reportedly lost 20 pounds while canvassing for her first seat in public office during her 1985 campaign to join the Rio Hondo Community College Board of Trustees.
News & Articles
- Times Past: Getting in the spirit
In the files of the Works Progress Administration from the 1930s, researchers canvassing some of DeSoto County's oldest citizens gleaned histories of some of the earliest religious customs of the area.
June 15, 2013 - DeSoto Times-Tribune
- MSCI’s Slow-Motion China A-Shares Plan
It’s not a question of ‘if’ China A-shares make it into the MSCI Emerging Markets Index, it’s a big ‘when.’MSCI’s plan to possibly include Chinese A-shares canvassing mainland compani...
June 14, 2013 - IndexUniverse.com via Yahoo! Finance
- Snyder signs bills to consolidate boards
LANSING — Gov. Rick Snyder Tuesday signed a three-bill package to streamline the election process by transferring the role and responsibilities of local canvassing boards to the county level.
June 12, 2013 - The Argus-Press
- Malcolm Turnbull in Myall Coast Nota
Now we see this inexperienced treasurer, this insensitive treasurer, now canvassing or proposing or leaving open the possibility - he's so vague it's hard to know what he means most of the time,Mr Turnbull said. "But he's certainly leaving...
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
What we are kicking off this weekend is what we are claiming is the biggest grass-roots canvass, this early, in presidential campaign history,said Obama. "We have people canvassing from New York to San Diego, all across the country."