- n a notation cancelling a previous sharp or flat
- v postpone indefinitely or annul something that was scheduled
cancel the dinner party
- v make up for
- v declare null and void; make ineffective
- v remove or make invisible
- v make invalid for use
cancel cheques or tickets
- How do I renew or cancel my magazine subscription, change my address, report damaged or missing issues, or make other changes to my PTI magazine account?.
- The high court permits troubled firms to cancel union pacts In most dictionaries, bankruptcy is a polite word for going belly up.
- Indeed, the announcement followed hard on the heels of a decision by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to cancel a trip to Egypt, reportedly in response to the arrest last month .
- Mike Huckabee in FOXNews
You can't just say, 'World stop for a moment. I'm going to cancel everything,' Huckabee said.
- Joe Perry in BBC News
Words can't express the sadness I feel for having to cancel this tour,said guitarist Joe Perry.
- Jonathan G. Ornstein in Atlanta Journal Constitution
Unfortunately, Freedom's willingness to proactively cancel flights in JFK at Delta's request for the benefit of Delta was held against Freedom and was used as the sole basis to terminate our contract,he said.