- s providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities
campy Hollywood musicals of the 1940's
- The most anyone could have expected from a remake of the campy '70s series was better haircuts.
- Almost all of Confessions feels like I Love New York--exuberant, campy, shameless and cool.
- There's an impressive and curiously evocative collection of old match books, lots of campy print and TV ads from the black-and-white era, a detailed look at weird currency from .
News & Articles
- The wrath of Hahn
He's in most scenes of 'Axe Giant: The Wrath of Paul Bunyan,' but no one will notice that 1989 Lexington High School graduate Chris Hahn plays the title role in the campy horror film until the final credits roll.
June 11, 2013 - Bucyrus Telegraph-Forum
- Facebook is music to some users' ears
A cheery new YouTube video called "Facebook - The Musical" is on its way to going viral at more than 500,000 views during its first few days on the Web, thanks to a campy crew of crooners singing the praises of the social network. [ BLOCK YOUR EARS: BlackBerry band sings praises of Z10 ] While I'd love to see "Annie," "Bye Bye Birdie" and the rest of those overplayed musicals go the way of ...
June 9, 2013 - PC World
- Lohan flick due out in August
We may need to invent a 13th step for this one ... Campy music! Porn stars! Lindsay Lohan in tears/big sunglasses/no clothes! Yep. "The Canyons," which the New York Times described as "sex and a murder and more sex" in a gruesomely High Def profile of the film's leading actress -- is headed to a screen near you in August.
June 6, 2013 - MSNBC
- Duke Snider in SI.com
It was something I'll never forget,Snider said. "I learned how to play the game of baseball by watching Campy and Jackie Robinson."
- David Morrell in TurnTo23.com
I didn't want it to be over the top or campy,Morrell said.
- Bobby Cox in USA Today
If he can give us five like that every time, that's good enough,manager Bobby Cox said. "What a fantastic story Campy is."