- n temporary living quarters specially built by the army for soldiers
wherever he went in the camp the men were grumbling
- n a group of people living together in a camp
the whole camp laughed at his mistake
- n temporary lodgings in the country for travelers or vacationers
level ground is best for parking and camp areas
- n an exclusive circle of people with a common purpose
- n a penal institution (often for forced labor)
China has many camps for political prisoners
- n something that is considered amusing not because of its originality but because of its unoriginality
the living room was pure camp
- n shelter for persons displaced by war or political oppression or for religious beliefs
- n a site where care and activities are provided for children during the summer months
city kids get to see the country at a summer camp
- v live in or as if in a tent
Can we go camping again this summer?
The houseguests had to camp in the living room
- v establish or set up a camp
- v give an artificially banal or sexual quality to
- s providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities
they played up the silliness of their roles for camp effect
campy Hollywood musicals of the 1940's
- French police on Tuesday cleared out a squalid, sprawling forest camp known as the.
- When President Hoover bought 168 acres of land atop the Blue Ridge for $5 per acre, leased 2,000 acres more along the Rapidan and moved out to his camp for weekends, members of .
- I never went away to camp, even though--or maybe because--my father became president of the American Camping Association (ACA) when I was a kid.
News & Articles
- Camp Little Notch to host open house Saturday
FORT ANN — Camp Little Notch, a camp in Fort Ann that was reopened last year with the help of a group called Friends of Camp Little Notch, will host an open house for the community Saturday.
June 14, 2013 - The Saratogian
- Camp & Campus Is For Women of All Ages
Camp & Campus, one of Great Neck’s oldest, established family run businesses, is in its 58th year of operation and looking to change the perception that its fashions are only for the younger woman. “We’ve grown up,” says Mark Wolf, echoing the store’s new emphasis on serving the contemporary fashion needs of women of all ages. “Most of our fashions go across the age spectrum. The “we’ve grown up ...
June 14, 2013 - Great Neck Record
- Camp Kern facility named in honor of longtime employee
YMCA Camp Kern’s 103 years of adventures continued with the opening of its new recreational facility June 13. Named after a long-time employee, Synder Hall will offer plenty of memorable moments to the more than 65,000 people who visit the camp every year. For more than 41 years, Chuck Snyder worked to improve Camp Kern through his time and dedication. “He’s one of the hardest working people I ...
June 13, 2013 - Today's Pulse
- Milan JovanoviÄ‡ in ESPN
It is an honour for me to sign for one of the biggest clubs in football,said the 29-year-old. "I cannot wait to start working with the manager and I'm looking forward to joining up with my new team-mates on our Swiss training camp."
- Rafael Benitez in AFP
We are all pleased at the club and over here at the training camp,said Benitez, speaking from Singapore, where Liverpool are currently as part of a regional tour.
- Larry Fitzgerald in Boston Herald
I remember going down (to Carter's camp) in high school and going there in college and just feeling like I got great results from it,said Fitzgerald, a prep star at Holy Angels in Richfield, Minn., and then with Pittsburgh in college. "Not...