- n a structure that has a roof and walls and stands more or less permanently in one place
there was a three-story building on the corner
- n the act of constructing something
his hobby was the building of boats
- n the commercial activity involved in repairing old structures or constructing new ones
workers in the building trades
- n the occupants of a building
the entire building complained about the noise
- v make by combining materials and parts
- v form or accumulate steadily
Pressure is building up at the Indian-Pakistani border
- v build or establish something abstract
- v improve the cleansing action of
- v order, supervise, or finance the construction of
The government is building new schools in this state
- v give form to, according to a plan
- v be engaged in building
- v found or ground
- v bolster or strengthen
- v develop and grow
Suspense was building right from the beginning of the opera
- The delay of a new building couldn't have come at a worse time: a rash of new office developments are hitting the UK market.
- Convert straw into building material Every so often, someone comes up with an invention so simple and clever that we're left wondering where it has been all this time.
- The council estimates that today at least 3% of new building starts each year have some Earth-friendly features.
News & Articles
- Building demolition to shed light on earthquake fault
By Becky OskinLiveScienceA planned demolition of a building that can't endure California's earthquakes will also help geologists better understand a fault that could have destroyed the structure.Sometime in August, contractors will implode Warren Hall at California State University, East Bay in Hayward, near San Francisco. The 13-story building was deemed the most seismically dangerous structure ...
June 22, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Building collapse reported in Hopkinton
A building collapse was reported at a 19th-century brick building today, a fire dispatcher said. There were no details immediately available about the extent of the collapse or whether anyone was injured. The two-story building, at 188 Hayden Rowe St., was built in 1850, according to town records. It is listed as a four-to-eight-family home.
June 21, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Building Explosion Will Shed Light on Nearby Earthquake Fault
A planned demolition of a building that can't endure California's earthquakes will also help geologists better understand a fault that could have destroyed the structure.
June 21, 2013 - LiveScience.com via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in The Associated Press
At a time when jobs are in short supply, building exports is an imperative,Obama said.
- Kent Conrad in International Herald Tribune
In recent years, Britain's approach to building relationships with new and emerging powers has been ad hoc and patchy, giving rise to the frequent complaint from such governments that British ministers only get in touch when a crisis arises or a... William Hague http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Hague&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEKrUj_2oEZRlrNr67nOqB3g_Ey_w BBC News http://www.google.com/url?q=http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/1.0/-/2/hi/politics/10470857.stm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHxSKygabQTvwZxW08CmJPeQtdjzg Jun 30, 2010
13370 18170 buildup I would give him good marks as a beginning, but we have to do a lot more to take on this long-term debt buildup," said Senate Budget Committee Chairman Kent Conrad, a Democrat.