edifice : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a structure that has a roof and walls and stands more or less permanently in one place
it was an imposing edifice
- From a distance it is an imposing edifice that rises above the surrounding buildings like a giant spaceship about to take off.
- As the extent of the sub-prime loan crisis became apparent, the edifice of many a financial institution came tumbling down.
- The brick edifice was built in 1920 and has kept everything from its squares of the marble floor to the golden door handles intact.
News & Articles
- Up Close With Casio's Latest Edifice Surf Watch
With summer coming and surf season in full swing, I thought I'd take a closer look at the Casio EMA100-1AV Edifice watch with tide graph and moon-phase data. Casio is best known for their G-Shock line of beefy (and some would say ugly) plastic sports watches so this steel-cased model is a departure for the brand. Casio announced the watch in April and it is on sale now for $250.
June 16, 2013 - TechCrunch
- VIDEOS: Ecovative Design builds small, 'green' house
GREEN ISLAND — The tiny house built by Ecovative Design is being transported this weekend to an event in Vermont to showcase the edifice, about the size of a shed, built with insulation made from mushroom roots.
June 14, 2013 - The Troy Record
- Top this
Workers set the 60,000-pound piece on the rotunda of the new judicial building Wednesday morning. It was the last piece of structural steel on the edifice. (COURTESY PHOTO)
June 14, 2013 - The Pueblo Chieftain
- Sid Ganis in Forbes
In his hands, the museum will "become a very important LA edifice," Ganis said.
- John Howard in Independent Online
If we are going to adopt an attitude that says just because a human error has been made, then the whole edifice of our anti-terrorism laws are to be brought under some kind of scrutiny and review, then that would be a huge mistake,Howard said.
- Manmohan Singh in Expressindia.com
The edifice of peace that we wish to build must stand on the twin pillars of mutual trust and confidence,Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said a week ago. "Of course, trends of cross-border terrorism and violence make that task more...