- n a building where prostitutes are available
- Brand-new high-rise dormitories now stand across the street from battered old brownstones that house the brothels.
- The rampage began after citizens demanded that brothels and bars be located at least 3,200 feet away from schools.
- In an effort to deter her work, brothel owners even kidnapped, drugged and raped Mam's then 14-year-old daughter in 2006.
- Richard Blumenthal in PC Magazine
The Craigslist brothel business seems booming -- belying its promise to fight prostitution,Attorney General Richard Blumenthal said in a statement.
- Helen Mirren in Winnipeg Free Press
It's a kind of a woman's movie, in a weird, perverse kind of a way,said Mirren, 64. "A brothel is run by a woman, it's not run by a man - a legal brothel, I should say. It's a woman's world and only a woman can really run it."
- Jenny Farrar in The Age
Council has an obligation to respond to community concerns and pursue any (brothel) that does not comply with the local planning scheme,Yarra mayor Jenny Farrar said. "Without concrete evidence, Yarra is powerless to shut down these...