bridges : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n United States labor leader who organized the longshoremen (1901-1990)
- n a structure that allows people or vehicles to cross an obstacle such as a river or canal or railway etc.
- n a circuit consisting of two branches (4 arms arranged in a diamond configuration) across which a meter is connected
- n something resembling a bridge in form or function
- n the hard ridge that forms the upper part of the nose
- n any of various card games based on whist for four players
- n a wooden support that holds the strings up
- n a denture anchored to teeth on either side of missing teeth
- n the link between two lenses; rests on the nose
- n an upper deck where a ship is steered and the captain stands
- v connect or reduce the distance between
- v make a bridge across
- v cross over on a bridge
- To those who suffer from gephyrophobia fear of bridges the alumi num-painted, 2,235-ft.
- Where's the money to fix our failing bridges? It's being spent on new, unneeded ones.
- For Southern California it is bad enough that the northern part of the State has two great bridges, one across the Bay, the other across the Golden Gate, lately opened with two .
- Pope Benedict XVI in Globe and Mail
I have waited for more than 10 years for Rysher to recognize me as the co-owner of the 'Nash Bridges' series. It was my idea and I owned the rights in the first place. From the beginning, I have asked only that Rysher honor our contract, and I am... Don Johnson http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Johnson&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH7w5Fjp5QBfxSg6o9WNuphqWLjaQ ABC News http://www.google.com/url?q=http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory%3Fid%3D11111848&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGetZPZEiF5xQ3iYBxA2uj5yuEfiQ Jul 7, 2010
12689 17308 bridges The Jewish community makes a valuable contribution to the life of the city," the Pope said. "And I encourage all of you to continue building bridges of friendship with all the many different ethnic and religious groups present in your...