- n a structure that allows people or vehicles to cross an obstacle such as a river or canal or railway etc.
- n a circuit consisting of two branches (4 arms arranged in a diamond configuration) across which a meter is connected
- n something resembling a bridge in form or function
his letters provided a bridge across the centuries
- n the hard ridge that forms the upper part of the nose
her glasses left marks on the bridge of her nose
- n any of various card games based on whist for four players
- n a wooden support that holds the strings up
- n a denture anchored to teeth on either side of missing teeth
- n the link between two lenses; rests on the nose
- n an upper deck where a ship is steered and the captain stands
- v connect or reduce the distance between
- v make a bridge across
bridge a river
- v cross over on a bridge
- The old bridge had its recognizable patina.
- Aided by one man who survived his own attempt, a campaign to build a barrier to prevent suicides on the landmark bridge is causing a stir in San Francisco.
- To those who suffer from gephyrophobia fear of bridges the alumi num-painted, 2,235-ft.
News & Articles
- Bridge games to benefit Alzheimer's research
The Richland Duplicate Bridge Club plans an event Friday called "The Longest Day." The e
June 19, 2013 - Tri-City Herald
- Bridge Bank Provides $18 Million to Boudin Bakery
Bridge Capital Holdings , whose subsidiary is Bridge Bank, a full-service professional business bank headquartered in Silicon Valley and with offices located nationwide, announced today that it recently ...
June 18, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Investment Bridge Announces Investment Opinion: Bridge Report on R-Tech Ueno Issued: Mixed FY3/13 Earnings, Sales and ...
Investment Bridge, one of Japan's leading independent IR services companies, has released a "Bridge Report" on R-Tech Ueno, Ltd. reviewing the fiscal year March 2013
June 18, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Barack Obama in MiamiHerald.com
A bunch of heat started generating because people were thinking, 'Why are we building a bridge to nowhere?'Obama said to laughter from a packed gymnasium of supporters in the Detroit suburb of Farmington Hills.
- John McCain in Daily Aztec
I urge all Americans who supported me,McCain said, "to join me in not just congratulating him, but to offer our next president our good will and earnest effort to find ways to come together, to find the necessary compromises to bridge our...
- Manmohan Singh in Earthtimes
A beaming prime minister in his inaugural address said "today is a very special occasion for our country ... (for) this airport terminal establishes new global bench marks: and it also exemplifies our country's resolve to bridge and bridge fast the...