bowing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n bending the head or body or knee as a sign of reverence or submission or shame or greeting
- n managing the bow in playing a stringed instrument
the violinist's bowing was excellent
- v bend one's knee or body, or lower one's head
- v yield to another's wish or opinion
- v bend the head or the upper part of the body in a gesture of respect or greeting
- v bend one's back forward from the waist on down
- v play on a string instrument with a bow
- s showing an excessively deferential manner
- Robert DeBerry The Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman AP In bowing out as governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin harked back to her high schoolbasketball days although there was no .
- Opined a brash new newsmagazine: "Last week loud applause came to a young actress who found herself bowing to bravos as featured player of the season's first hit, while her .
- Violinist Stern soon developed a scholar's yen for analyzing music and a distaste for studying technique (although an interest in the problems of bowing once led him to study the .
News & Articles
- Five Artists Who Still Say No to Streaming
With Pink Floyd bowing before the beast this week and allowing Spotify to stream its music, one of the biggest digital-music holdouts has finally relented. The prog-psych colossus follows Bob Dylan, whose music was pulled from Spotify in 2009 before reappearing in January 2012, and Metallica, a longtime holdout which made its music available on Spotify last December...
June 20, 2013 - Spin
- Dish drops Sprint bid, to fight instead for Clearwire
Dish Network is bowing out of its bid to acquire Sprint and looking instead at broadband provider Clearwire Corp., ending what tech analyst Jeff Kagan called a "crazy" whirl of "watching a group of teenagers falling in and out of love with each other." Dish released a statement Tuesday saying ...
June 19, 2013 - The Washington Times
- Microsoft Buckles, Sets XBox One Free
Microsoft has announced a major policy change on the Xbox One, bowing to consumer sentiment.
June 19, 2013 - CNBC
- Liz McManus in FOXNews
We had a situation where the national broadcaster had to grovel _said Liz McManus, communications spokeswoman for the Labour Party, before O'Donoghue cut her off. "The public interest will not be served by a national broadcaster bowing to...
- Inzamam ul-Haq in CNN International
I would blame the Pakistan Cricket Board for bowing down in Hair's case and no player will now stand against injustices at international level,Inzamam added. "Hair was at fault but he is reinstated like a hero."
- John Conyers in Times Online
Asked on Thursday if Obama had provided sufficient leadership on so divisive an issue, Conyers responded tartly: "Of course not ...... bowing down to every nutty right-wing proposal about healthcare ...... is doing a disservice to the Barack Obama...