- n a street in Manhattan noted for cheap hotels frequented by homeless derelicts
- s like a bower; leafy and shady
a bowery lane
News & Articles
- Linkage: Bowery Buildings Sell; Unearthing Old Union Square Station
· Gentrification watch: 11 Bowery buildings sell for $62 million · Unearthing hints of the old Union Square station · Business group wants new ferry to Coney · NYC rainfall could increase 10 percent by 2020 · Is now...
June 11, 2013 - Curbed New York
- Parm Begins Delivery
Lunch. Anyone living or working within a certain distance from Parm can now experience what Warby Parker's tortoise-shelled employees have been enjoying for a while, namely food delivered to your door. Rich Torrisi and Mario Carbone, who are just about to open ZZ's Clam Bar , are sending all kinds of heroes as far north as 8th Street, with Sixth Avenue and Bowery serving as western and eastern ...
June 10, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Open House Weekend Warriors: Weekend Open House Tour: Lower East Side
This weekend, there are some pretty nice open houses on the Bowery, in addition to two-bedroom condos on Orchard, Ludlow, and Allen Streets all around 2,000 square feet. It's a shame Anthropologie backed out of its planned lease, then...
June 8, 2013 - Curbed New York
- Ryan Jarman in Old Colony Memorial and Plymouth Bulletin
They are really insane,Jarman said of the band's fans back home. "We did New York on our last tour, the Bowery Ballroom, where we had a really cool crowd, and it was crazy. I think our fans get where we're coming from. We're a punk rock...
- Ian Astbury in Village Voice
Savage in Limbo is the product of New York in its savage, untamed state,says Astbury. "In the spirit of the play, we have turned to the original hunting grounds of that animal, The Bowery. Cultural revolt in this time of creative...
- Daniel Kessler in New York Times
There's something really special about the Bowery Ballroom,said Daniel Kessler, the lead guitarist of Interpol, which played an unannounced show there Tuesday to celebrate its new album, "Our Love to Admire" (Capitol). "It has a real...