- n small Indian lettuce of northern regions
- n a reflex that closes and opens the eyes rapidly
- v briefly shut the eyes
- v force to go away by blinking
- v gleam or glow intermittently
- It blinks across the world's computer screens.
- A therapist recites the alphabet to him, and whenever she mentions the right letter to him, he blinks his eye once (two blinks indicate a negative).
- Yes, he sells fireworks, adorns postage stamps, blinks as a cursor on Sony PCs and appears in movies about the Dorabian Nights.
News & Articles
- When insidious ideas ‘pop in’
Here’s a personal confession. From time to time, random ideas arrive unannounced. That proverbial light bulb blinks on as notions magically appear — seemingly without t ...
June 16, 2013 - Bedford Times-Mail
- Jason Dufner launches his club into Merion creek at U.S. Open
Jason Dufner is often praised -- or critiqued, depending on who you are -- for never expressing any emotion on the golf course because he barely blinks, smiles, frowns, or furrows a brow. The U.S. Open course flustered him on Friday afternoon, however, as the No. 20 player in the world slammed his club down in a creek on the Merion Course after his ball had just previously gone for a rinse in ...
June 14, 2013 - SB Nation
- 'Man Of Steel': Should It Be PG?
by Brett White No one blinks an eye when Batman gets a PG-13, and fans would probably prefer "The Wolverine" be a hard R. But these are heroes that lurk in the shadows, who dole out justice and vengeance with a grimace. But Superman, as many comic book pros and fans have pointed out since [...]
June 13, 2013 - MTV
- Marlin Fitzwater in Forbes
In this day and age, there are so many books, the public hardly blinks an eye on the question of loyalty,Fitzwater said.
- Collin Peterson in Forbes
This a program that blinks on and off,Peterson said. "It would only be used if needed."
- Herb Kohl in Centre Daily Times
There is a saying that 'The Camera Never Blinks,'Kohl said. "USDA inspectors must have the capability to know that violations are not occurring behind their backs."