- n warm-blooded egg-laying vertebrates characterized by feathers and forelimbs modified as wings
- n the flesh of a bird or fowl (wild or domestic) used as food
- n informal terms for a (young) woman
- n a cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt
- n badminton equipment consisting of a ball of cork or rubber with a crown of feathers
- v watch and study birds in their natural habitat
- For the birds A view of nest-rich Thai islands from a forestry guard post.
- They compared their data on the Haast's eagle to characteristics of modern predator birds and scavenger birds to determine that the bird was a fearsome predator that ate the .
- York City's Central Park may be surrounded by skyscrapers and enveloped in smog, but it is still a paradise for bird watchers.
News & Articles
- Bird testing clinic set Saturday in Kennewick
A free bird testing clinic for poultry owners is from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the Benton Count
June 18, 2013 - Tri-City Herald
- Rare bird seen at Acton Nature Center
Bird watchers saw a rare sighting recently at the Acton Nature Center (ANC) – the first recorded sighting for federally endangered black-capped vireo in Hood County. The group has been conducting monthly bird walks at the ANC for over five years, and a black-capped vireo was heard singing and was sighted by more than one observer.… Read the rest
June 18, 2013 - Hood County News
- Bird gets tangled with NV Energy equipment, causes brush fire in southwest Reno
A bird got tangled up with NV Energy equipment and sparked a small brush fire, NV Energy reports.. An NV Energy crew will replacing the lightning arrestor and other equipment on the pole that was damaged, NV Energy spokesman Karl Walquist said.
June 17, 2013 - Reno Gazette-Journal
- Barack Obama in New York Times
I never thought I'd be on Sesame Street with Elmo and Big Bird and I was thrilled,said Mrs. Obama, laughing. "I'm still thrilled. I'm on a high. I think it's probably the best thing I've done so far in the White House."
- Alvin K Hellerstein in Washington Post
There is no better deal. This is the deal on the table,said US District Judge Alvin Hellerstein. "People can think, maybe Congress will do something. It's possible. But the old saw applies: The bird in the hand is better than two in the...
- Paul Pierce in Concord Monitor
I'm very aware of the (Bird/Wilkins) game, they don't let you forget it around here,Pierce said. "It's just one of those games where I had it going, LeBron had it going and neither of us wanted to lose, and to be a part of something like...