- n (golf) a score of one stroke under par on a hole
- n badminton equipment consisting of a ball of cork or rubber with a crown of feathers
- v shoot in one stroke under par
- At the icth hole, Palmer snaked in a downhill 25-footer for a birdie and picked up two strokes when Player's five-footer hung improbably on the lip of the cup.
- But he hit an amazing chip to within 13-feet of the hole, which meant a birdie would produce an 18-hole playoff the next day.
- He putted for a birdie.
News & Articles
- LATEST NEWS
MUSKEGON, Mich. (AP) — Andrew Chapman made a 20-foot birdie putt on the 18th hole at Muskegon Country Club to win the Michigan Amateur. The 33-year-old Chapman beat Mike Ignasiak 1-up in Saturday's championship match.
June 23, 2013 - Connecticut Post
- T.C. Native Andrew Chapman wins Michigan Amateur
MUSKEGON, Mich. (AP) -- Andrew Chapman made a 20-foot birdie putt on the 18th hole at Muskegon Country Club to win the Michigan Amateur. The 33-year-old Chapman beat Mike Ignasiak 1-up in Saturday's championship
June 23, 2013 - 9&10 News Cadillac
- NW Arkansas Championship report
Aussie uses birdie on 1 to get going ROGERS — Australian Sarah Kemp got off to fast start Friday with a birdie on her first hole at the LPGA Wal-Mart Northwest Arkansas Championship at Pinnacle Country Club and went on to finish her bogeyfree round at 4-under-par 67.
June 22, 2013 - Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
- Phil Mickelson in The Associated Press
It's just frustrating because I came in here prepared. I came in here ready,Mickelson said. "I hit a lot of good shots today. I gave myself a lot of birdie opportunities. And I putted terrible."
- Graeme McDowell in Herald Sun
I made birdie, kind of a scrappy start, but made a great putt on 14 (his fifth hole) for birdie from long range and that really got my day going,he said. "I played lovely after that, gave myself a ton of chances. Generally I played smart,...
- Scott Verplank in The Associated Press
When I holed it on 15, I looked at the leaderboard, and I wasn't that far back. I needed to birdie one of the last couple holes,Verplank said.