- n a small replica of a person; used as a toy
- n informal terms for a (young) woman
- Like any technology, the dolls are constantly changing.
- CONTROVERSIAL: Toymakers argue their dolls normalize disability, but some parents say they pigeonhole kids.
- Courtesy of Mattel In 1956, Ruth Handler, an American businesswoman, was vacationing in Switzerland when she came across Bild Lilli, a doll that, unlike popular baby dolls at the .
- Angie Dickinson in Newsday
You'll never find a more generous soul in your life,Dickinson told The Associated Press in 2006. "He was a ladies man. He's a Taurus. He's a doll."
- Bindi Irwin in ABC News
It's every little girl's dream to have an exact look-alike doll. It's amazing,said Bindi, who was signing action figure toys of her late father.
- John Edwards in Chicago Tribune
Edwards adds: "But for me personally, I'd rather be successful or unsuccessful based on who I really am, not based on some plastic Ken doll that you put up in front of audiences, that's not me, you know?"