- s after the expected or usual time; delayed
a belated birthday card
- The honor was a trifle belated, as Richardson had been acting on stage for three years and costarring in films since 1984's Every Picture Tells a Story.
- In a belated victory for the union involved in the strike, a National Labor Relations Board administrative judge ordered the contractor this month to reinstate 10 union workers .
- The sudden belated appearance of the actual grandson (Lorcan O'Toole) occasions further confusion and deception.
News & Articles
- Change is for the better at Gettysburg
If you’re looking for a belated Father’s Day gift, or a mini-vacation with the family, a trip to Gettysburg National Military Park Museum and Visitor Center in the small southern Pennsylvania community should fit the bill while serving as a pleasant surprise.
June 17, 2013 - Olean Times Herald
- Lil Wayne Opens Up About His Epilepsy And Retirement Plans
On Tuesday night (June 12), Lil Wayne made a belated and surprisingly good-humored appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live
June 16, 2013 - antiMUSIC
- Keep pace on texting
Pennsylvania's belated law that bans texting while driving hasn't produced many citations because it is a half-measure. The law doesn't bar use of hand-held cellphones while driving, so police have a difficult time determining if drivers are texting or d
June 15, 2013 - The Scranton Times-Tribune
- Larry Kissell in Forbes
After today's recounts, I offer Congressman Hayes a belated congratulation for his victory now that the votes have been counted,Kissell said in a statement.
- Dick Pound in ABC News
That, however belated, was the right thing to do,said Dick Pound, chairman of the World Anti-Doping Agency.