- n the amount that many barrels might hold
- n a tube through which a bullet travels when a gun is fired
- n a cylindrical container that holds liquids
- n a bulging cylindrical shape; hollow with flat ends
- n the quantity that a barrel (of any size) will hold
- n any of various units of capacity
- v put in barrels
- The world production of petroleum in 1924 is estimated at 1,013,139,000 barrels.
- Statistics for petroleum production in 1923, now completed, show that last year broke all records with an output of 745 million barrels of crude oil, which was 187 million .
- In 1973, with the country importing 6 million barrels of crude oil and petroleum products daily, President Nixon pledged that by virtue of his Project Independence "in the year .
News & Articles
- Discounted rain barrels offered in Knox County
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Tuesday is the last day for Knox County residents to buy rain barrels and composting bins at deep discounts. The Water Quality Forum is sponsoring the event, along with the City of Knoxville, Knox County government and the Town of Farragut. The idea is to get more people to use the modern adaptation of an old idea — rain barrels to save water runoff from roofs. Capturing ...
June 11, 2013 - WDEF Chattanooga
- Outlast, indie horror from Red Barrels, coming to PlayStation 4
The Unreal-powered, first-person indie horror title Outlast from developer Red Barrels is coming to the PlayStation 4. Outlast was first announced as a PC title in October 2012 . Montreal-based Red Barrels, which is composed of Ubisoft and Naughty Dog veterans, told Joystiq in October that the game would focus on stealth gameplay, an element inspired by Amnesia: The Dark Descent . "The core of ...
June 11, 2013 - Joystiq
- Crude stocks up 9 mln barrels: bearish API report
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Crude-oil futures lost ground in late electronic trading Tuesday following weekly U.S. supply data from the American Petroleum Institute, out at 4:30 p.m. Eastern time. The report showed an increase in crude-oil stocks by 9 million barrels, while expectations had been for no change, according to a Platts survey of analysts. "The American Petroleum Institute data was ...
June 11, 2013 - Market Watch
- Edward Markey in AFP
First they said it was only 1,000 barrels, then they said it was 5,000 barrels, now we're up to 100,000 barrels,he told NBC's "Meet the Press," saying BP was "either lying or grossly incompetent."
- Joey Votto in WCPO
Joey Votto was asked about Santana's performance after the game and said, "You guys are trying to get me to say he was something special tonight. But frankly what I saw was the same guy we always see. He just missed a few more barrels" He always...
- Tony Hayward in AFP
As we speak, the containment cap is producing around 10,000 barrels of oil a day to the surface,Hayward said, adding that this was "probably the vast majority".