bbl : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of various units of capacity
- Ready for oil shock?A decade after the Arab oil embargo caused panic at the nation's gas pumps and sent the price of oil soaring from $3 per bbl.
- Skeptics ask if the 20-billion-bbl.
- In the non-Communist world, consumption fell from 48 million bbl.
- Ken Salazar in Oil & Gas Journal
Experts have testified this week before Congress that the explosion of speculation in the oil futures market could be driving up prices from $20[/bbl] to $60/bbl. Oil speculators are making money by betting against the American consumer at the... Nancy Pelosi http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_Pelosi&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE6ffllKZJZfRyJWl2rDC7vxnKcwQ Oil & Gas Journal http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.ogj.com/display_article/332878/7/ONART/none/GenIn/1/House-barbs-fly-as-%27Use-it-or-lose-it%27-bill-heads-to-floor/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHlppcoMHhw2ArGWRrsnNn_aCSLEw Jun 26, 2008
8666 12314 bbl Our dependence on foreign oil is as much a dependence on the countries that directly supply our oil as it is a dependence on the markets and forces that can, in a 6-month period, drive oil up to $147/bbl and then down to $45/bbl. It is a dependence...
- Jean-Jacques Rousseau in Oil & Gas Journal
Jacques H. Rousseau, an analyst at Soleil-Back Bay Research, said, "Refined product inventories (gasoline plus distillate plus jet fuel) fell 3.3 million bbl (0.8%) last week due to lower supply. Refiners continued to operate at very low levels...