banded : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v bind or tie together, as with a band
- v attach a ring to the foot of, in order to identify
- a identified with a band especially around a leg
kept watch for the return of their banded birds
- s marked with bands or strips of contrasting color or texture
a banded rock
- s characterized by a band of especially white around the body
- Refugees from Thaksin's now dissolved party who have banded together with an unlikely coalition of ultraconservatives and democracy activists to form the People's Power Party.
- Glay banded together in 1988, when vocalist Teru, 26, (blood type O, says a fanzine that focuses on such details), lanky composer Takuro, 26, (type O), hyper guitarist Hisashi, 26 .
- They banded together and called themselves Tiananmen Mothers.
News & Articles
- Never Tiring of the Road
IT was over 20 years ago that some Irish all-stars banded together as "The Legends of Irish Music" for a once off tour.
June 27, 2013 - Irish Central
- Wristbands to be used at Lorain International Festival's Bazaar to prevent underage drinking
LORAIN COUNTY — During the Bazaar portion of the Lorain International Festival at the Black River Landing Friday, Saturday and Sunday, legal-aged drinkers will be wrist-banded.
June 27, 2013 - The Morning Journal
- ‘Kittens’ ready for the world
They’re cute, cuddly — and powerful. A group of current and former Tuolumne County residents have banded under the leadership of Andrea Morgan to present Kountry Kittens Burlesque, a risqué song, dance and comedy revue that is poised to hit the big time.
June 26, 2013 - The Union Democrat
- Peter McGauran in International Herald Tribune
The losses to individuals and small businesses will be immense, remember it's a massive industry,McGauran said. "There's been some big figures banded about, certainly hundreds of millions. Well that's wagering, but if you look at how...
- David Perno in International Herald Tribune
When Josh decided to come back, I was like, 'We better be good or I might not have a job,'Perno said. "We did a nice job and really banded together with the leadership. But it wasn't so much the leadership as it was the performance from...
- Ed DeChellis in BadgerNation.com (subscription)
The young kids banded together and won some games, which makes them look forward to last season,DeChellis said. "We want to be as good as any other team in the league and I think we are getting closer. We are pretty focused and hungry and...