- a of or relating to or containing balsam
a balsamic fragrance
- Think Bruschetta topped with guacamole or balsamic vinegar used to flavor taco meat.
- And Manicardi's 25-year-old balsamic vinegar, $145 for a 100-mL bottle, was so sweet, thick and smooth that it finally made me understand what all those other balsamics have been .
- Yet, today the cool interior of Mohamed Osman Babkir's shop is packed with bottles of Spanish olive oil, balsamic vinegar and jars of preserved cherries.
News & Articles
- Chopped Turkey Club Salad with Basil Balsamic Dressing
With this sandwich-inspired salad, you get to enjoy a classic flavor combination, skip the bread and cut way back on the bacon. The basil-balsamic dressing is lighter than a mayonnaise-based spread.
June 19, 2013 - The Standard-Times
- Sartori SarVecchio hits one out of the ballpark
The Sartori cheese company is well-represented in local groceries by their line of flavored Bellavitano cheeses, which can be found flavored with crusts of black pepper, espresso, merlot wine, raspberry, or balsamic vinegar.
June 19, 2013 - The San Angelo Standard-Times
- Recipe for balsamic chicken with rosemary
Serves 4, with leftovers 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 teaspoon salt 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (about 4 1/2 pounds total) 4 teaspoons high-quality balsamic vinegar 1. Set the oven at 400 degrees. Have on hand a large rimmed baking sheet.
June 18, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Alice Waters in Los Angeles Times
What did we get from Darrell? Balsamic vinegar, white truffles and fantastic olive oils . . . and lots of beautiful ingredients from Amador County,says Alice Waters, founder of Berkeley's Chez Panisse. "Darrell opened my eyes to products...
- Colin Firth in guardian.co.uk
Speaking after his triumph, Firth told the Observer: "I rarely seem to come home from Italy empty-handed - wine, balsamic vinegar, wife, two children, and now a nice piece of silverware."
- Dianne Reeves in Denver Post
They have this wonderful parmesan cheese,Reeves says of one dish that was quickly adapted to eating and entertaining at home. "They break it into chunks and then they drizzle it with a bit of this balsamic vinegar. They also make a salad...