baltic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a sea in northern Europe; stronghold of the Russian navy
- n a branch of the Indo-European family of languages related to the Slavonic languages; Baltic languages have preserved many archaic features that are believed to have existed in Proto-Indo European
- a of or pertaining to or characteristic of the Baltic States or their peoples or languages
- a of or near or on the Baltic Sea
News & Articles
- Tallinn: The Former Soviet City That Gave Birth To Skype
The Baltic city of Tallinn hardly looks modern with its blend of medieval towers and Soviet-era architecture. Smoke-spewing buses and noisy streetcars look as if they have been plucked from the past. Even so, the Estonian capital is one of the world's most technologically advanced cities. The...
June 13, 2013 - Georgia Public Broadcasting
- Baltics Hope NDN Is Route To Closer Ties With Central Asia
The U.S. embassy in Riga held a ceremony on Tuesday celebrating the 100,000th container to be shipped through the Baltic states en route to Afghanistan via the Northern Distribution Network. The ceremony featured an NDN-themed cake, speeches by top officials from all three Baltic states and a formal "christening" of the 100,000th container by U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for South ...
June 13, 2013 - EurasiaNet
- 20-year-old Baltic man gears up to launch iPhone app
While Baltic 20-year-old Josh Hill’s friends are home from college on summer break, hanging out, going to the beach and parties, the young entrepreneur is busy working on his latest brainchild, a new social media app.
June 9, 2013 - The Norwich Bulletin
- Robert Gates in International Herald Tribune
We need to proceed with some caution because there clearly is a range of views in the alliance about how to respond, from some of our friends in Eastern Europe and the Baltic states to some of the countries in Western Europe,Gates said.
- Vladimir Putin in AFP
Rather than tolerate Russia's nuclear blackmail or cyber attacks, western nations should make clear that the solidarity of NATO, from the Baltic to the Black Sea, is indivisible and that the organization's doors remain open to all democracies... John McCain http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEhauRSvpu74c5JI21AhXVu-x_kmQ Bloomberg http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news%3Fpid%3D20601070%26sid%3DaQ3S1RhLFsKc%26refer%3Dhome&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFKtBs2lgjJt3jkBRc1kNK3dkP7YA Mar 26, 2008
7838 11163 baltic But Putin added: We are not satisfied with the way the situation of Russian-speaking minorities in the Baltic states is being handled. We know about the rights of migrants in the countries of Europe and how they are violated. We know about the...