aweigh : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s (used of an anchor) hanging clear of the bottom
- s (of an anchor) just clear of the bottom
- After Amherst, anchors aweigh! A sensible decision for any draft-eligible student, but in the case of David Eisenhower, Ike's grandson, enlistment in the Naval Reserve seemed .
News & Articles
- Savannah magazine: Our hot & humid list
ANCHORS AWEIGH Landlubbers, ahoy! As we anticipate delivery of our annual Life on the Water issue, your city magazine's staffers are dreaming of hoisting our sails and heading out toward the blue horizon.
June 23, 2013 - Savannah Morning News
- Paula Abdul in Entertainment Weekly
I had this whole idea for an animated cat to pay tribute to him when he danced with the mouse in Anchors Aweigh,says Abdul. "But mine would represent the day's hip-hop pop cultural guys."
- Bill Geist in Chicago Sun-Times
They're standing still or sitting in lawn chairs, the way you would [watch] a normal parade,Geist writes. "When the band plays 'Anchors Aweigh' the crowd remains anchored to the curb."