- v give or delegate power or authority to
- v grant authorization or clearance for
- a endowed with authority
- s sanctioned by established authority
- FSA supervisors, in other words, were neither equipped nor authorised to challenge the gospel of securitisation, in respect of Northern Rock or anything else.
- Prince Saud is the only senior member of government authorised to speak on Iraq and the American presence there.
- He helped to replace Mr McCain's immigration-reform bill with a harsher measure that authorised the building of a 700-mile (1,100km) fence along the Mexican border.
News & Articles
- Saputo challenges Kraft over ‘unauthorised’ use of ‘Toppers’ cheese trademark
Saputo Cheese USA – the US subsidiary of Canadian dairy giant Saputo – has filed a lawsuit against Kraft Foods alleging trademark infringement, competition law violation, and false advertising over its “unauthorised” use of the term ‘Toppers’ to market a range of cheese products.
June 11, 2013 - Food Navigator USA
- Barack Obama in Telegraph.co.uk
At a meeting with military veterans in Beaufort, Mr Obama accused Mrs Clinton of having "simply blamed the civilian and military leaders who carried out the policy she authorised".
- James L Nederlander in Lismore Northern Star
This musical will be the exclusive Michael Jackson-authorised version of Thriller and Jackson will participate in every aspect of the creative process,said Nederlander in a statement. "I love the idea of making Thriller a musical. Girl...
- Adriano Galliani in Times Online
Chelsea have authorised us to open negotiations with Drogba,Galliani told Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport. "Unfortunately, Chelsea still consider Andriy unsellable. This decision makes us very sad."