- v grant authorization or clearance for
The rock star never authorized this slanderous biography
- v give or delegate power or authority to
She authorized her assistant to sign the papers
- The company wants Congress to authorize an unprecedented federal guarantee of a $250 million loan to save its wholly commercial L-1011 plane, a medium-range "airbus" designed to .
- Jesus clearly did not ordain women to the priesthood, nor did he authorize the church to do so.
- Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has so far withstood military pressure to authorize such a move, but with 26 people killed in two recent attacks, public calls for retaliation .
- Jesse Jackson Jr in WGNtv.com
The day after Blagojevich's arrest on December 10, 2008, Jackson said, "I did not initiate or authorize anyone at any time to promise anything to Governor Blagojevich on my behalf."
- Dana Perino in Forbes
They are wrong. Because Congress failed to act, it will be harder for our government to keep you safe from terrorist attack. At midnight, the attorney general and the director of national intelligence will be stripped of their power to authorize... President Bush http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFh0u2JMmcpgHHAEOKNoPb27FyIcg International Herald Tribune http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/02/16/america/Bush.php&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHWpogwgwElKdVLB02rUm6e2GaPDQ Feb 16, 2008
6820 9944 authorize The president said there's a hope, as a result of these conversations, that OPEC would be encouraged to authorize an increase in production," Perino told reporters on Air Force One before it landed in Egypt.