- n a sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure
- n an indication of radiant light drawn around the head of a saint
- n a distinctive but intangible quality surrounding a person or thing
the place had an aura of romance
- The second paper, published in Neurology this past week, finds that middle-schoolers who suffer from migraines with aura are more likely than their peers to suffer from depressive .
- But I think that Merkel, 52, will push reform to the point of inevitability, softening her determination by unobtrusiveness and an aura of competence.
- The hipster aura is already working, but Fai plays it cool.
News & Articles
- Black Sabbath emerges from the dark with new album
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Ozzy Osbourne and the members of Black Sabbath worked hard to create a dark aura around their band in the late 1960s, laying down a proto-metal blueprint for a legion of groups to follow.
June 14, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Sarah's House Aims to Ease the Burden on Cancer Patients
There's a certain aura among those battling cancer. It's called hope and for Sarah Robinson, it became a calling. In 2011, Robinson was diagnosed with a brain tumor and later that year, she lost her battle with cancer. Before her death, Robinson started the Sarah's House of Maine, a non-profit . . .
June 14, 2013 - WABI Bangor
- 9-year-old Oviedo boy picks up bluegrass music tradition, stuns local crowds.
Joseph Oharek may only be 9 years old, but when he picks up a guitar, the sound of bluegrass brings about the aura of an old soul. With a serious look on his face, he picks up a child-sized guitar like he's been doing it for a century. Poised, ...
June 13, 2013 - Seminole Chronicle
- Brad Childress in New York Daily News
The Tasmanian devils that were coming from Dallas were about to bombard the state of Minnesota and run through us like Sherman through the South,Childress said. "That was the aura that was left after last weekend's games. All of us kind of...
- Mike Lowell in The Associated Press
If Andrew Strauss wants to reach the dizzy heights he could learn another lesson from Jardine. England currently has a versatile attack but the one thing they lack is a man with the speed, accuracy and aura to shake up good batsmen on bouncy... Ian Chappell http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Chappell&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGxw4QVgWccJUEnfcCbW5u0f1DBmQ Thaindian.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/sports/use-flintoff-as-larwood-to-give-ponting-bodyline-chin-music-during-ashes-chappell_100391906.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEO2KxgvPSDXUSBpxSN12F-03XYow Jul 7, 2010
6692 9781 aura I kind of found it entertaining the way he played defense every once in a while," Lowell said, "but I think that added to his aura that we all thought was so creative."