- n a state of high honor
he valued glory above life itself
- n brilliant radiant beauty
the glory of the sunrise
- n an indication of radiant light drawn around the head of a saint
- v rejoice proudly
- There is no greater glory for a man as long as he lives than that which he wins by his own hands and feet.
- The names of Amerigo's contemporaries in Florence read like a glory roll: Lorenzo de' Medici, Domenico Ghirlandaio, Leonardo da Vinci.
- The opening of Moscow's revamped Memorial Museum of Cosmonautics is just one part of a greater effort to reclaim the nation's former space glory.
News & Articles
- Honoring Old Glory on Flag Day
As symbols go, they don’t get much more potent than the American flag. Call it Old Glory, the Stars and Stripes, or the Star-Spangled Banner, the emblem of our nation provokes strong emotions and is instantly recognizable all around the world.
June 12, 2013 - Naples Daily News
- Marco Chamber hosts Glory of the Grape
Islanders enjoyed the Glory of the Grape, an annual fundraiser for the Marco Island Chamber of Commerce, with samplings from the Pacific Northwest.
June 11, 2013 - Naples Daily News
- Hammer of Glory Found
The missing Hammer of Glory was found and returned on Sunday. Photo Credit: Facebook.com/Philly Beer Week
June 9, 2013 - NBC Philadelphia