- n an alphabetical list of technical terms in some specialized field of knowledge; usually published as an appendix to a text on that field
- Learn to talk the talk from this glossary of some key words and phrases in brokerese.
- In its weekly newsletter to members, Associated Press Newsfeatures offered a glossary of shoptalk.
- The glossary, which she describes as "far from complete," is 24 pages.
News & Articles
- Word court: the gangster boss’ lexicon
Here’s a quick glossary of terminology from the trial of James “Whitey” Bulger: Broadside — To pull alongside a moving target and open fire. Crash car — A vehicle with legitimate registration used in a crime to be smashed up if necessary to distract police from a second, stolen car carrying the guns and the gangsters. Kill crazy — Someone who murders for thrills. Take out — An order that someone ...
June 26, 2013 - Boston Herald
- 2013 Volvo XC60 Reviewed, 2014 Infiniti Q50 Priced, Transformers 4: Car News Headlines
Today at The Car Connection, we reviewed the 2013 Volvo XC60 and Infiniti priced the 2014 Q50 sports sedan. We spied the 2014 BMW 4-Series Convertible and put together a glossary of green car terms. All this and more in today's car news, right here on The Car Connection. We took a look at the best and worst accessories for the 2013 Audi Allroad...
June 26, 2013 - The Car Connection
- The Brokerbabble Glossary: Decoded: What is 'Exuding' From Listings These Days?
Welcome back to The Brokerbabble Glossary, where Curbed takes a word or phrase that shows up repeatedly in listings and deciphers its true meaning. Ideas? Hit up the tipline. It's not entirely clear what this sentence (and/or sentence fragment) means....
June 21, 2013 - Curbed
- Suranne Jones in Scotsman
Jones explains: "We would get a glossary of terms written phonetically along with our scripts so we could learn them that way and an explanation of what everything meant. We did know what we were saying by the end of the shoot and we had people with...
- AJ Hinch in MLB.com
Addressing the one Rodriguez ostensibly violated, Hinch added, "That's a new one. There's a lot of unwritten rules in baseball. I guess we can add that one to the glossary."
- Anthony Bourdain in The Australian
As the opinionated Anthony Bourdain writes in the introduction: this book "is an opinionated food glossary from a writer and cook who knows better than most what the hell he's talking about".