- n repetitive nonmeaningful speech (especially that associated with a trance state or religious fervor)
- The so-called "charismatic gifts"prophecy, spiritual healing and glossolalia, or speaking in tongueshave long been characteristic of the zealous, fundamentalist.
- The weird sounds of glossolalia, a primitive kind of communication, either spoken or sung and without any apparent meaning, disturb Christians outside the movement.
- Here's the resulting glossolalia glossary: Underpants: pants (Britain), underdaks (Australia) Police: bobby (Britain), garda (Ireland), Mountie (Canada), police wallah (South Asia).
- Miriam Defensor-Santiago in ABS CBN News
All your high technology and rationalizing glossolalia will not resurrect those who are dead,Santiago said, addressing billboard steel frame owners and advertisers.