glottis : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the vocal apparatus of the larynx; the true vocal folds and the space between them where the voice tone is generated
- Hiccough is produced by spasms of the diaphragm and simultaneous closing of the vocal apparatus, the glottis, in the larynx.
- Manoel de Braganza, 42, onetime King of Portugal (1908-10); of acute edema of the glottis; in Twickenham, England.
- Is the golden glottis gurgling to a stop? Is there a quiver to those rosebud lips, a beginning of wilt to those poodle-wool sideburns? For two years, lovers of peace, quiet and a .
News & Articles
- Beatboxing May Be Safer Than Singing
Because the glottis between the vocal cords stays open more than in normal singing, the practice may be safer than traditional vocalizing and could even be a good warm-up for singers. Wayt Gibbs reports
Jan. 2, 2014 - Scientific American via Yahoo! News