glove : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the handwear used by fielders in playing baseball
- n handwear: covers the hand and wrist
- n boxing equipment consisting of big and padded coverings for the fists of the fighters; worn for the sport of boxing
- In a 1983 television special commemorating the 25th anniversary of Motown, Jackson debuted the crystal-encrusted glove that would become his most recognizable wardrobe hallmark.
- What had he done about the man's innards? "Oh, I just cleaned them off and shoved them back," he said, peeling off his rubber gloves.
- Home Sweet Home A floating bed, a manpowered snow plow and a gadget to find those gloves (or anything else) you misplace.
- David Ortiz in ESPN
I've played first base before and it wasn't that bad,Ortiz said. "It's just not Gold Glove-caliber."
- Brian Sabean in ESPN
Bringing Omar back was one of our top priorities this offseason,general manager Brian Sabean said. "He is still one of the premier defensive shortstops in the game, and with the talent of our pitching staff, having his glove and leadership...
- Terry Francona in USA Today
The worry I have -- some of it is physical -- but some of it is just the fact that he hasn't been out there,Francona said. "And even if you're a really good Gold Glove-caliber player, when you're not out there every day, it's not fair. But...