- n the outermost region of the sun's atmosphere; visible as a white halo during a solar eclipse
- n an indication of radiant light drawn around the head of a saint
- A recent paper on a newly discovered species of marmoset, Callithrix humilis, shows the monkey at age two months: studious eyes, a tight, alert face and an aureole of gray and .
- Others view the country as bathed in a brilliant aureole of white light.
- Ethel Leginska, in a velveteen dress, with a puff of wiry hair spreading a determined aureole around her pale face, appeared, with the New York Philharmonic Orchestra as pianist .
News & Articles
- Chinese Businessmen Keep $10,000 Wines on Restaurant Menu
While perusing the 1,800-selection wine list at New York’s Aureole restaurant, my wife nudged me at about number 785 and said, “Pssst. I’m still here.”
June 10, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Nancy Olson Leaving Gramercy Tavern at the End of June
Olson. Diner's Journal reports that Gramercy Tavern pastry chef Nancy Olson is leaving the restaurant at the end of June. The Fargo, North Dakota, native worked at the old-guard restaurants Aureole and the brasserie Django before starting at Danny Meyer's restaurant seven years ago. The Times reports the chef is headed back to North Dakota, and her permanent replacement has not yet been named ...
June 5, 2013 - New York Magazine