- s characteristic of an atavist
- Everywhere Steinbeck finds atavistic hints and murmurs which carry men far back into their brute heritage.
- The passengers seek to distract themselves, turning first to jitterbugging (led by a party girl named Daisi Doody), later to an atavistic sex cult called "Yurg," involving .
- Real estate may not offer double-digit returns anymore, but it does offer an atavistic promise of security, a nest egg embodied in Sheetrock that you can touch and dirt that can't .
News & Articles
- Photos: Jazz Age Lawn Party Brings Governors Island Back In Time
The weather was stellar for the 8th Annual Jazz Age Lawn Party this weekend on Governors Island, where sharply dressed gents and free-spirited flappers flocked for two days of dancing, picnicking and atavistic merriment. Headlined by the irresistible Michael Arenella and His Dreamland Orchestra, the whole affair was saturated in self-imposed sepia, with vintage beaded dresses and waxed ...
June 17, 2013 - Gothamist
- Dmitry Medvedev in Xinhua
A lot has been done, and nearly all the solutions have been found. The latest meeting with the American colleagues showed that they are ready to help and do away with atavistic laws. At least, they say so,Medvedev said.
- Edgardo Angara in Manila Bulletin
...media ownership where Filipinos own 100 percent and prohibits foreign investors from making inroads into this sector, Angara described this provision as "atavistic when technology is universal and global."
- John Githongo in Globe and Mail
Kenya was urbanized, sophisticated, Westernized - and then it deteriorated into a very backward, atavistic, ugly kind of violence,Mr. Githongo said. "The country went through a near-death experience. It shocked the world, but it shocked us...