- a not having or involving sex
an asexual spore
- After all, if starfish and other invertebrates can practice asexual reproduction, why can't it be extended to the rest of the animal kingdom? In the 1980s, developmental biologists .
- Robin is not yet on the sceneguess he'll arrive in the next prequelbut Bruce is even more than usually asexual in this movie.
- She's the most brazen (and belly-baring) of the kids, but even her plot to conquer Troy is asexual and preadolescent; she just wants him to complete the picture of herself as .
News & Articles
- Why The New Yorker ’s Gay Bert and Ernie Cover Works
The cover art for next week's New Yorker shows Bert and Ernie — officially asexual roommates but long assumed by many to be secretly gay, as if fictional hand puppets were capable of being anything other than what their script wants them to be — in a sweet embrace as they watch this week's news about the Supreme Court.
June 28, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Mark Lester in News24
Mark, 51, said: "Michael found it very difficult to have relationships with women. He found the sexual act something he couldn't do. Michael wasn't gay. But I'd say he was asexual. He was very conscious of his own body. In one of our regular phone...
- Naomi Wolf in The Nation.
As Naomi Wolf wrote in the Washington Post, "The stereotype of feminists as asexual, hirsute Amazons in Birkenstocks that has reigned on campus for the past two decades has been replaced by a breezy vision of hip, smart young women who will take a...
- Maggie Gallagher in Gay People Chronicle
I believe there is rather powerful evidence that human beings are a two-sex species, designed for sexual rather than asexual reproduction,wrote Gallagher in a May 10, 2001 column. "If this is true, then the absence of desire for the...