arithmetical : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a relating to or involving arithmetic
- Obsessed with a sense of guilt and fears of insanity and death, Johnson prescribed his own remedy for fits of melancholia: busying himself with involved arithmetical problems.
- Another test, in which numbered arithmetical symbols must be put in correspondingly numbered spaces, produced a paradoxical result.
- In a surprisingly outspoken report, a Ford Foundation team last week warned India that it is on a grim arithmetical collision course.
News & Articles
- Interview: A Tête-à-tête with Embryonic Paranormal Scribe Vivi Dumas
Interview: A Tête-à-tête with Embryonic Paranormal Scribe Vivi Dumas Seattle Post-Intelligencer Copyright 2013 Seattle Post-Intelligencer. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 8:56 am, Saturday, March 2, 2013 Vivi Dumas is an embryonic novelist in the paranormal romance genre. To set the scales of her logical, arithmetical ...
July 17, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- David Heathcoat-Amory in BBC News
Mr Heathcoat-Amory said: "The repayment was delayed by an arithmetical error in the original assessment by Sir Thomas Legg, but was made this week."
- Peter Sarnak in Princeton University The Daily Princetonian
I particularly liked his theorem [which] asserts that there are arbitrary long arithmetical progressions in the prime numbers. An apparently useless theorem, but one which is very appealing especially if you like prime numbers,Sarnak said in...
- Robert Woodhouse in Economist
The symbol -1 is beyond the power of arithmetical computation,wrote Robert Woodhouse, another Cambridge mathematician, in 1801.