- s having very keen vision
- s carefully observant or attentive; on the lookout for possible danger
- Yes, my argus-eyed Nicolas, this is the one.
- Washington became full, and still is, of his "boys," who not only get work done the way he wants it but constitute an argus-eyed personal intelligence service.
- Harold Evans in Independent
Evans says in his autobiography that he "wanted to reflect [Victorian editor] WT Stead's 'governing functions of the press' - its 'Argus-eyed power of inspection'."