- n bound collection of antiphons
- a containing or using responses; alternating
- a relating to or resembling an antiphon or antiphony
- His speech lacked the soaring "The dream shall never die" high of 1980, but his antiphonal "Where was George?" may become the refrain of the Democratic campaign.
- Feet tapped, on many a face beamed a happy smile of recognition and some spectators even hummed as they heard this antiphonal opening chorus on the stage of.
- The band (Ralph Burns did the brassy, bluesy charts) plays the melody and Charles comes in an antiphonal bar later, bleating "Come on an' hear!".